As the world celebrates Valentine’s Day today, I’d like to also show that love can be shared not just among couples but also to your family, even your colleagues, and if you are a leader – to those who work for you.
Many people believe that in business, there is no place for love, however, through my experience, it is my belief that when leaders and managers love their people, they will love them back.
With love your employees remain loyal, they respect you and each other. Furthermore, they trust each other more.
It is the kindness you show and the appreciation you express that lets people know you value them, and everyone has a need to feel valued and special. The worst situation is for your employees to feel expendable.
Take the time to tell someone “I appreciate you” and express your love to them.
Here are some useful phrases that a leader can use to show their appreciation.
- I appreciate your dedication and service, and I know others do too.
- You’re a necessary piece to this puzzle.
- You are one of the reasons for our success.
- It’s your careful attention to detail that makes you so special.
- I appreciate your dedicated commitment.
- I admire your honesty.
- I want to acknowledge your extra effort.
- I will never forget that you did…
- You have a winner’s attitude.
- Your commitment to excellence has inspired others.
It is also important to show love to your audience when you make presentations. By this, I mean to show respect and care. This can be done by learning about the audience members before the presentation. What is their background, their interests, their cultures and age range. Creating a deep rapport with the audience is a way to show them your love.
With that, I wish you all a love-filled, productive and successful week!
As always, with love and respect,